Some of the beautiful places shown in my work no longer exist as seen due to human impact, overuse, and destruction. Much of that impact is the result of the surging photographic and outdoor community. Please join me in pledging Nature First to help conserve the places we love and photograph through wise use, education, outreach, community, and research. Join the movement at www.naturefirstphotography.org
Nature First is built on seven core principles that help communicate how each of us can enjoy nature photography responsibly. The Seven Principles of Nature First Photography were developed to help educate and guide both professional and recreational photographers in sustainable, minimal impact practices that will help preserve nature’s beautiful locations.
THE NATURE FIRST PRINCIPLES
1. Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
2. Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
3. Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
4. Use discretion if sharing locations.
5. Know and follow rules and regulations.
6. Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
7. Actively promote and educate others about these principles